February's Old Testament Pic of Jesus

February's Old Testament Pic of Jesus
It's all about Jesus

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It was For Freedom

Galatians 5:1

That first clause of 5:1 has been on my mind strongest today.  It was for freedom.  Jesus has given us liberty from all things (Act 13:38&39) and yet we find ourselves in bondage to a thousand things.  Paul preaches that He has freed us from all things; and yet it seems like so many of those things still have mastery over our minds, eyes, and hearts.  But it was FOR freedom that Christ has set us free and we should not be entangled again to anything.  It is so amazingly simple; for freedom He has made us free.  And yet we complicate it with laws, guilt, condemnation, and processes. 
The process that makes us free is the redemption.  Christ redeemed us and fulfilled all processes to make us free from all things.  Now, we have to choose the work of Christ and His freedom over whatever binds us.  It seems to silly to think that belief in the Finished Work is enough.  I want to let it be.  No, I have not proven this perfectly.  There are things that still conquer me from time to time; I wish it were not so.  But I am realizing slowly that grace IS the power that was first instrumental in motivating God to send Christ, but also is the power that leads me in the freedom for which Christ set me free.
Could it be I need to exercise my freedom?  Is declaring to temptation, sin, doubt, stress, and people that I am a righteous, free man enough to exert my freedom?  If I don't exert my freedom I will be exerted upon by captivity.  We must let the Holy Spirit that is present exert its influence upon all that which tries to bind us.  That is my heart's true desire.  May it be so in Christ Jesus for the reality is that I AM FREE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hebrews 4:15-16
    15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

    Our best example of freedom came from someone still under the Law. yet He over came because He knew who He was and wasn't afraid to acknowledge it. If only we could be so brave as to step out into what Christ has done for us and be who we are intended to be.

    ReplyDelete