February's Old Testament Pic of Jesus

February's Old Testament Pic of Jesus
It's all about Jesus

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Who is your enemy?

I have long fought battles that I was not meant to fight.  There have been things and people, places and persons I felt to be my enemy that I had to either conquer, subjugate, or avoid.  God help me.  The war is over; the last enemy has been defeated and I am at rest from conflict.  God has become peace and I don't need to stand toe to toe with anything or anyone.  I have no enemies.  So, why do I keep on fighting?
Jesus Christ has in one act destroyed the conflicts of the believer's mind, heart, soul, and world.  He has changed everything, coming in and defeating what needed to be in our lives.  He, through His sacrifice ceased the enmity between God and man so that there is no war between humans and God.  We have seen recently in the rebirth of Greek mythology in Hollywood a theme of brutal tension between the gods and humans.  That is not so in the realm of Christianity.  God is not angry nor is He against you, He is highly invested in your success.  He has come to bring an end to war in you, if you will accept what He has done.
If God has made peace with man then why do I make war even with those who make war with us?  Is there war between Jesus and God?  Then why do we make war with other believers?  When we do fight amongst ourselves we make Jesus fight against Himself.  What about the unbeliever when we fight against them, we fight against the ones that God wants to make a covenant of peace with.  Therefore there is just no one we should be fighting.  It doesn't matter how others treat us; it is how we choose to live ourlives.  I don't have to answer for how others live their lives before God.  My life is God's and mine own; I have to be true to Him and myself.  If others fight let them fight.  Let them choose peace or not.  What will you choose?
Tomorrow I will go further this theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment